Sven Did It For The Mummy



The Mummy's Tomb
1944 | B&W | 60 Minutes | 1.37:1 | NR | Horror | Mono | Universal Pictures

 
Director: Harold Young

Writers: Neil P. Varnick

Stars: 
Dick Foran
John Hubbard 
Elyse Knox

A high priest travels to America with the living mummy Kharis (Lon Chaney Jr.) to kill all those who had desecrated the tomb of the Egyptian princess Ananka thirty years earlier.

OK  I know that Sven went national on the Me-TV network this year. And I understand it has been a lot of fun for his new fans to watch these old Universal movies. But for me I have not watched Svengoolie in weeks and I feel bad. Those of us that have been watching for years have seen all of these more then once already. So I'm truly looking forward to what the network comes up with for the new season. To so everyone out there watching enjoy The Mummy's Tomb witch is an OK movie. And if I remember correctly this is a short movie so there will be a few extra Sven bits and flashback's and best of all a Svensurrond bit at the end. Have a safe and Happy 4Th everybody.

Tonight at 10PM/9 central time on MeTV

Also in Svengoolie news shock waves where felt across the Chicago Land as AT&T Uverse drop MeTV! This sent many fans into a panic. And running to TV shops everywhere to pick up rabbit ears. Sven sent out a tweet earlier that stated "they're working on it" and "down town should be up first followed my the rest of the viewing area" As for me Comcast will only air Me-Too so I get to watch last week show at 11:00am. So I find myself Tivoing them to watch at night it just feels better that way.
Sven also announced he will be a G-Fest on July 14 from 1-3. G-Fest will be held at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare (same place as Flashback Weekend). So if you love giant Japanese Monsters and Svengoolie's check out G-Fan for more info on G-Fest. I myself not a fan of Godzilla but this Con looks like a lot a fun. I have thinking about this for a long time. With Svengoolie doing an appearance I have a reason to check it out.






1 comment:

  1. As you know, I'm all Mummied out by this point! That's why "Son of Dracula" was actually refreshing to me last week. I agree that there have been a few repeats. I've probably been watching Sven for seven or eight years now. I was excited to see "I saw what you did" because I thought that was a new one. About half way through, I realized I'd already seen it! I have a tendency to fall asleep during these, so they sometimes seem new in parts. :) Happy Fourth of July to you too!

    ReplyDelete