You're Never Too Old To Go Back.

Camp Takota
2014 | Color | 95 Min. | 1.85.1 | UR | Comedy | Mono | RockStream Studios

Source: Netflix Streaming

Directors:
Chris Riedell
Nick Riedell

Writers:
Mamrie Hart 

Stars: 
Grace Helbig
Chester See
Ellen Karsten

Plot:
With her personal and professional life in shambles, Elise ends up having to take a job as a counselor at her old summer camp. There, she reunites with two estranged friends who attended camp and never left. When the future of the camp is put in jeopardy, the three friends must band together to save it, changing the course of their lives forever.

If you have never attended summer camp you will not love this movie as much as I did. See I went to MDA Summer Camp for 20 years. I walked away when my camper became too old to go anymore. Then my new life took over and thank god I never lost those friendships I made back then. Just like the movie I was away for 10 years. Now I did not have my wife leave me or lose my job like the movie but I did have a best friend (Thanks, Sis) bring me back into a world that not everybody understands. But I world I missed very much.

Camp Takota is a buddy movie in the best of ways. Sure you can predict the movie in the first 5 minutes but if you take the time to sit and lose yourself you will find a perfect gem to spend your time with.


The cast in this movie really gel's and get into your head with their up and down lifestyles. It really took me to a place where you can feel the peace and tranquility that is summer camp. Everything does get tied together in the end. Sure, they all live happily ever after. But the journey to get there is worth it. What you will not get is a meatballs clone, but you will get this very heartwarming movie that should make some of your must see list's for the year. 

My Bunk Mates from last year

To my sister, I thank you for bringing me back into the camp mix! I'm pretty sure if you watch this you will identify with the cast like I did. If I could go back in time I would find a camp to do all year long.

Heartwarming Adventure with Brains...

4 Bloody Brains

No comments:

Post a Comment