RIP Irwin Keyes


Sad news today as horror fans remember character actor Irwin Keyes. Keyes is best remembered for his role in Rob Zombie's House of 1,000 Corpses and his character Ravelli. I will not forget that first night at Flashback weekend in 2004 Keyes was one of the first guests Steve and I met. He was one of the coolest guys around. He sat and talked to us about his movies and how Warriors was still one of his favorite parts even if it was small. We talked to him for at least 40 mintues that day and in the end he signed a photo for Steve and my House cover for free. He was really interested in hearing our story on how we met and why we where at the convention together. Such a kind hearted man.

Of course for me some of my favorites would have to be Oblivion 1 & 2 and of course Evil Bong 3D and let us not forget Horror High!

Keyes died Wednesday in Playa del Rey, Calif., of complications from acromegaly, a rare disorder caused when the pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone, his manager.

Now if you would excuse me I need to go watch Zapped! in remembrance.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you did at least get to have met him, good Sir....
    We read of his passing earlier today...

    ReplyDelete