New Year, Old Me!

You know how they say New Year New Me well that does not apply to me. I just want the 2015 early 2016 version of me back! See for a few years now I have taken control of my health I mainly just want to feel good and live long. We last summer I was hit with a major health issue that I have to live with the rest of my life and some other health thing called plantar fascitis that hurt like hell!! All of that came at the end of May so for the rest of the year I tried to stay on my health journey and sadly failed! 


I was taking life one day at a time back then losing around 35 pounds but I did it the healthy way of eating right and exercise. Never did I do stupid things that would gain all my weight back. I took my time walked logged my food you name it! So when I was sick I still tried yet I could feel my mood slip away and my guy slowly come back. 


Fast forward to now I put back on 20 pounds I still do not feel great but I can no longer let that keep me down! I have already started the path to get back to health this year with a few bumps in the road already. I remember how hard it was to start the first time and how rewarding it became when I stuck to it. So far without any exercise that burns serious calories I was proud to step on the scale and see that I already lost 4 pounds in a week! And that is without stressing about my workouts. But those are coming soon I promise. 



So I'm going to use my blog as kind of a springboard to keep my grounded so I hope you guys do not mind I post about Health from time to time! So here is an Older New Model of me! Now if I could just stop drinking Diet Mountain Dew!



6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Good luck on your journey!
    If it makes you feel better, Weight Watchers counts diet pop toward your liquids for the day. I don't think I could give up my Coke Zero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! With your determination, you can do it! You know, for my entire adult life, I single-handedly kept the Coca-Cola corporation in the black. Two years ago I gave up Diet Coke for health reasons. If a lifelong addict such as myself can do it, so can you. Don't Do the Dew, man!

    And I have plantar fascitis too, so I know what a bitch that is. Get quality orthotics from a podiatrist is my advice. They're worth every penny! So long as I'm wearing my orthotics, I hardly ever have any pain any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My buddies always would joke with me that Mt. Dew would send me a Christmas card every year thanking them for keeping them in business

      Delete
  3. Kudos and good luck! I lost about 43 pounds a couple of years ago and was so thrilled with it that I decided to give myself some time to relax and just not worry - and totally slid backwards. Want to lose it again, so I am right there with you!

    ReplyDelete