Stardew Valley


So what am I doing when I am not blogging you ask? What do you mean you don't care? Well too bad Am going to tell you anyway. It's called Stardew Valley and it is the one video game I can not put down at all! If I go too long without playing I get nervous that my farm needs me not to mention my wife and kids! No not my real wife in kids my Kilmer Family on Cedar Famers. What makes this Farmville rip off so much fun I don't know I can not put a finger on it yet I come back day after day, in fact, I have put in well over 100 hours into this bad boy.  Of course my favorite season...

My Humble Beginnings 

...is fall not only do the monsters come out at night you get to plant pumpkins and make pumpkin pie and fall in love... I mean virtually fall I Love You! And then there are the festivals aka Halloween where you get to watch dancing skeletons and do a corn maze, bonkers I tell ya Bonkers! The only thing missing is Trick or Treating now that would be cool.

Dance by the pale moon.lite

Now that is a spider!

In all honesty, this game is by far my favorite. It is not for everyone that is for sure and in the beginning it sure is a ton of grinding gameplay just to get going. For me that was part of the fun, what can I grow now to what can I craft next?

Chris and Emily

Once you get going you can not stop you want to get to the next level you want to get married and make your house bigger. You want to go deeper into the mines and fight off monster after monster. Would you also have guessed that this game was a labor of love for one man? Eric ‘ConcernedApe’ Barone As legend has it, Eric created Stardew Valley from scratch over several years, having no prior development experience before the game's release. Now, Stardew Valley is a major multiplatform hit, having just landed on the Nintendo Switch.

My First Child Pumpkin Born Just Before Halloween

Barone is working on a new game that takes place on the same planet as Stardew Valley. It looks like this new title will stay in the same universe, too. After one fan asked about Stardew Valley's lore outside of Pelican Town, Barone said his next game, "will expand on it some more." His upcoming title isn't a sequel or expansion to Stardew Valley, He did admit that his new game will "take a style of game that was never fully realized" and build it up from there, but as to what genre or game he has in mind, no one knows.


Yes, that is a Witch!

Early next year the game will begin testing multiplayer mode on the PC. In return, I really hope this means cross-platform play could be coming as well. I have also read the next game could be more of a wizard theme magic school RPG/life sim Spellbound (working title).

Spellbound


If you are looking for a game that will help you unwind from a hectic day Stardew is for you. If you are looking to blow stuff up look to World of Tanks for that. For me, Stardew Valley has been one of the best games I have ever played! Now if you would excuse me I have some farming to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment