Trick or treat, fools.

Boo! A Madea Halloween
2016 | Color | 1Hr 43 Min | Comedy | PG-13 | Lionsgate

Director: Tyler Perry

Writer: Tyler Perry

Stars:
Tyler Perry
Cassi Davis
Patrice Lovely
Diamond White

Madea winds up in the middle of mayhem when she spends a haunted Halloween fending off killers, paranormal poltergeists, ghosts, ghouls, and zombies while keeping a watchful eye on a group of misbehaving teens.


Sure I watched this little gem after Halloween only because it was just added to Amazon's streaming service. And honestly, I was looking for something lite to watch and Tyler Perry movies have always piqued my curiosity so why not start with a little Halloween. 

Perry as with his other films wrote, directed, and starred in Boo! The look and feel of the movie is not bad you get the sense of a lower budget on a bigger scale. I'm not familiar with his other movies so I am not sure if the polished look is how these all play out but I will let you know more soon as I will be digging into these a little bit more. Perry and his crew shot this film in 6 days with a $20,000,000 budget. The film would go on to net $74 million domestic and international. Of course with numbers like that, you can go ahead and make Boo 2!


Other than the returning cast of misfits from the past movies this flick is chalked full of YouTube stars. Yeah (hangs head) the only way I knew that was my kids were watching and filling me in. If they were not YouTubers they where Disney cast members. Bella Thorne makes an appearance for what was my guess to show a not so wholesome girl next door charter. Don't get me wrong I really like her its just once she left Disney she went on to do the Scream series for MTV and Amityville the Awaking showing a much more mature side of her career. These seem to happen a lot once these teens leave the house of mouse. 


One of those Disney stars Diamond White lit up the screen. Sure she was the sassy paints that will get the story rolling and that is ok she nails the part. As for the rest of the cast, they all seem to be part of the Madea/Perry mix and bounce well-rounded jokes off of each other like they have been together since birth.


So if you are a little like me and have never seen a Tylor Perry movie this was a good one to jump on board with. I defiantly will check out a few more in the series. Boo! A Madea Halloween was well worth it, it is fun and entertaining without going over your head. Let's just say its Ernest for a new generation but with more of a story.

I give Boo!...

4 Bloody Brains out of 5
and why not it was a good story that had me laughing out loud!






3 comments:

  1. "Ernest for a new generation" -- now THAT'S a recommendation, LOL! I loved Ernest and I miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a "laugh out loud" moment always deserves an extra brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You saw Boo! :) I definitely laugh while watching this one too. It's Madea's friends who get me laughing. I have to smile just looking at Bam with those spectacles over her Halloween mask. :) Who did she say she was? Peter Pan? I could get going on Bam. So funny. Yeah, this was a good one to get started with. I haven't seen Boo 2! I'm expecting it to stink, but I'll probably still watch it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete