Some call it Junk I call them Treasures!


So this week I'm going to try something new and see how it goes. I have always been a movie collector and always shared my finds with my buddies and they would get pretty crazy seeing what I have found. So I thought why not join the club of Hunters out there and post my finds. I do not go out looking all the time but will try to post weekly. With all the book sales and garage sales coming up, I'm sure to find some cool stuff. So let us dive in shall we...






First up Bug Buster on VHS. I was not too sure about this one, I love the cover, but Randy Quaid and low budget horror have left a bad taste in my mouth. But with May Monster Madness coming up quickly and read that this was a fun Comedy/Horror I went back to pick it up. Check out my review here.

I paid 50 cents for this and it is worth $16 bucks. Who knew and who cares. If somebody wants to buy it for me I will sell it for $7.



So a new junk store opened up here in town so I finally stopped in. It was shockingly clean put slightly over priced. Still not too bad they had plenty of VHS, DVD, and games. Only a few Blu and they where the very common type. There VHS, were priced at .99 cents which for me, is a little high but for some reason I could not pass up on Mortal Kombat.
I wish it was complete I was missing the inserts, but that is ok as it is valued at whole $3.74! Ugh sometimes you win sometimes you don't. I will be reviewing this action flick on Wednesday make sure to stop back.


I did score 2 DVD's this week. First Modern Family, it is the complete second season and was only 2 bucks. It is worth $8 to $10 used all though I picked it up more for trade bait on SwapADVD.com. The second was Transformers Beginnings I had no idea what this was, but I thought in my head how did I miss this one? From what I gather this was an animated prequel as a Wal-Mart exclusive DVD that came with the first Transformers. At a 19-minute run time, I just might check this out soon. The good news its this bad boy fetches anywhere from $4 to $8 dollars. So a nice find for something I had no clue about.


One comic came out this week #3 of the Fly Outbreak. When the series is done I will write up a review but as of right now I wish I would have skipped this Cronenberg sequel.

A disaster at Bartok Industries threatens to unleash a plague of human/fly hybrids on the world. Will quarantine prevent a full outbreak? The outlook is not good...

And sadly this book is not good the outlook on this is pretty grim. Now on to the best score of the week.




Loaded for the Playstation! Long Box and complete with a disk that is in pretty good shape. Found this at the new store and it was only $1.99 and its value makes up for the 99 cent VHS. This was the first uber-violent game when it first hit the system. Interplay was pushing the boundaries on this bad boy. I remember renting it a few times, but I'm glad to add it to my collection. It is valued at $19.99! Can not wait to plop this one in for a bloody good time.

Screenshot for Loaded

I hope you enjoyed this new weekly article thanks for stopping comments are welcome until next week!

2 comments:

  1. We actually enjoyed him (Randy Quaid) in the strange film , "Freaked"....
    he plays a very gleefully evil villain....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like Randy Quaid but I just get him out of my head from that Frankenstein movie. He was good in this past flick. I'm going to look into Freaked.

      Delete